EPR, P.C. currently has two open positions:
Traffic / Transportation Engineer (project engineer/manager)
EPR, P.C. is seeking a full time traffic / transportation engineer to join our growing practice. The position will work in our downtown Charlottesville, Virginia office, though depending on qualifications remote work from other Virginia locations could be possible. The ideal EPR employee has an interest in planning and designing multimodal transportation improvements that enhance the livability of Cities, Counties, and Regions. A core characteristic of an EPR employee is a desire to learn, innovate, and deliver excellent work products to our diverse and growing base of clients.
Key skills and passions that we are seeking for this position include:
- Strong understanding of traffic flow theory
- Experience with designing traffic control devices
- Strong familiarity with MUTCD, AASHTO, NACTO, and VDOT design standards
- Very strong writing (plans and technical documents) and communication skills
- Experience utilizing state of the practice transportation analysis software platforms
- Desire to work on and, if desired, lead a wide range or project types and excel into project and client management as a result of your initiative and motivation to grow.
EPR will invest in training. Preference will be given to candidates with relevant experience that could include some combination of the following:
- Traffic analysis using Synchro, Sidra, Vissim, HCS
- Experience in the design and/or timing of traffic signals and design of signing and marking, and roadway lighting.
- Multimodal planning and design
- Working knowledge of Adobe suite (InDesign/Illustrator) and GIS
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Experience working on VDOT, or other state DOT Projects
Education Requirement: Civil Engineering BSCE or MSCE
Benefits: EPR offers generous PTO (paid time off), medical benefits, continuing education, professional development opportunities, a flexible work environment, and we encourage cross training in a collaborative family friendly environment.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All letters of interest are held in confidence.
Transportation / Community Planning Intern
EPR, P.C. is a transportation, urban design, and land use firm in downtown Charlottesville. As an interdisciplinary office, our planning professionals and engineers work together to bring a unique perspective to our clients. Those clients include various government partners, including local jurisdictions, regional and state organizations, and federal agencies. EPR also serves the private sector, assisting with new development proposals.
We seek one or more interns to assist with our busy summer 2021 schedule. The position may extend into the fall, depending on availability and workload. Interns will work on a variety of projects, gaining a diverse set of skills and experience. Projects include:
- Transportation plans,
- Corridor studies,
- Comprehensive plans,
- Public involvement efforts,
- Work with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA),
- Traffic impact studies for new development proposals, and
- Civil site and road design projects, among others.
Strong graphics skills and proficiency with GIS and Adobe Suite are required. Other desired software skills include programs such as Community Viz, AutoCAD, and Microstation. Applicants must have exceptional writing skills. Prior intern and other work experience is a plus but not required.
Intern hours consist of 8 to 20 hours per week, depending on availability and workload. Work hours are somewhat flexible, according to class schedules.
EPR, P.C. ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Lynette Wuensch at 804-647-7701.