EPR is hiring!
Traffic / Transportation Engineer (project engineer/project manager)
EPR is seeking a full time traffic / transportation engineer with 2 to 15 years of experience to join our growing practice. The position will work in our downtown Charlottesville, Virginia office, though a telecommuting arrangement may be possible with an eye on opening a new office location in a different area of the state. The ideal EPR employee has an interest in planning and designing multimodal transportation improvements that enhance the livability of Cities, Counties, and Regions. A core characteristic of an EPR employee is a desire to learn, innovate, and deliver excellent work products to our diverse and growing base of clients. Key skills and passions that we are seeking for this position include:
- Strong understanding of traffic flow theory
- Experience with designing and implementing innovative traffic control devices
- Familiarity with MUTCD, AASHTO, NACTO, and VDOT design standards
- Strong writing (plans and technical documents) skills
- Interest in learning and utilizing state of the practice transportation analysis software platforms
- Desire to work on and, if desired, lead a wide range or project types and excel into project and client management as a result of your initiative and motivation to grow.
Relevant experience should include some combination of the following:
- Serving in a technical role for complex traffic operations analysis and design projects
- Traffic analysis using Synchro, Sidra, Vissim, HCS, Corsim
- General knowledge of travel demand software such as CUBE and TransCAD platforms
- Design of traffic control devices (signals, ITS, signing/marking, lighting, communications)
- Multimodal planning and design
- Working knowledge of Adobe suite and GIS
- Expertise with AutoCAD and/or Microstation
Education: Civil Engineering BSCE or MSCE (or closely related field) Certifications: EIT or PE, or ability to obtain through reciprocity within 6 months Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
EPR offers insurance benefits, PTO, retirement plan, reimbursement for professional societies and registrations, professional development and training reimbursements, and a balanced work/life culture. We will also assist with moving expenses.
Please email your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com. Contact Bill Wuensch at 804-647-7700 if you would like to discuss the opportunity prior to providing your resume information. EPR, P.C. ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.